Saturday, April 14, 2007

8:32 p.m.

Today continued to be a miracle day. Shane sat in a chair most of the day and made several rounds walking. He is doing incredible and continues to gain strength and energy. His fever was up a little tonight but I guess that is why he is on antibiotics. Please pray that his body and the antibiotics will continue to successfully fight the infection.

The doctors also told us that visitors are allowed but asked that visits be restricted to 5 minutes. Also, they stressed that people be considerate and remember that Shane is still very vulnerable to infection when stopping by. So if you are not feeling well or are aware that you have been exposed to something, please wait before coming to see him. We so appreciate everyone obeying doctors orders for the No Visitor policy and look forward to seeing you!

Unfortunatly, during the storms this morning, our basketball goal fell on Shane's car and busted his windsheild! If we didn't know God was so near, we would consider this all a series of unfortunate events! (Ha Ha!) At least Shane won't be needing it for a while and everyone and everything else was safe. I think He just tries to keep things in perspective.

The girls are very excited about the talk of Daddy coming home next week. Please pray for us as this big event in our lives approaches. God Bless!

6 Comments:

Blogger jparsons said...

Glad to hear Shane is doing so well. I can only imagine how anxious the girls are for Daddy to come home. I hope that Pokey is doing as well as Shane (she doesn't seem to mention that!).
We keep praying for a great recovery!

Jennifer and Mark Parsonsx

10:31 PM  
Blogger papafred said...

hey my friend the story teller, it was great to see you today ... the heart that you was holding is as big as what i always thought your heart was ... i know that you will be ok because God is not through with you there is too many lives that need to be changed in this world ... from the Message version here is MIcah 6:8
But he's already made it plain how to live, what to do,
what God is looking for in men and women.
It's quite simple: Do what is fair and just to your neighbor,
be compassionate and loyal in your love,
And don't take yourself too seriously—
take God seriously.
MIcah 6:8
and again my friends i love you guys ... and shane i still want say anything you need i am here
fred

1:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Hey Friend,
I have been following your progress all week. This seems to be another chapter in the book of your life and I know you have many more chapters to write. I keep you and Pokey in my prayers. I can't wait to see you but know that right now you need all of your strength to focus on healing. Pokey, I know you are getting tired - if you need me to 'spell' you please call. I've done that kind of caretaking when my mom had that surgery. I love you both.
Pat Sims

12:24 PM  
Blogger Lisa said...

Hey Mr. Shane and Mrs. Pokey,
Just wanted you to know that I was praying for you all of you! God is so good and I know He is taking care of you! We are praying!!!

Lisa Knight

4:15 PM  
Blogger Craig Cordes said...

We at Benson Memorial UMC rejoice in the news that Shane is recovering well. The last thing we heard was that he had to have some type of surgery and until we found this website had no idea how everything went. Shane and Pokey were such a tremendous blessing to our church and particularly to our Sunday School class. As for me personally I consider Shane to be one of the top two or three people I have ever met in my 44 years. Our prayersfrom all his friends at Benson have and will continue to go with Shane. We Love You!

6:28 PM  
Blogger The Bounds Family said...

We are thrilled to continue to hear of Shane's remarkable improvements. The boys and girls had a lot of fun playing here last week, and we decided that spending the day together must be done more often. We are being good by staying away but that doesn't mean you are not in our thoughts and prayers. Let us know of anything you need.
Much Love,
David, Susan, Colin and Casey

7:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home