Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Wednesday 18, 2007 8:00 PM

Another day!! We are so blessed! Shane has been up almost all day. He is walking in the neighborhood, and now my only problem is convincing him that he still MUST rest. He does tire easily and I think that will be in my favor as time goes on. I've begun to tell him stories about happenings in the hospital, conversations with may of you and the outpouring of love/care/concern from our brothers and sisters in Christ.Some of then bring laughter (which is pretty painful with a cracked chest=-))! Others bring tears from your kindness and generosity. I'm amazed how God is using even this electronic communication to lift Shane during this recovery time. He reads and rereads the blogs (I've printed them and put them in a notebook for him) through out the day. Again we love each of you and thank God many times during each day to have such prayer warriors praying for us. You guys are truly serving and the hands and feet of Christ to us during this interesting chapter of our lives.

OH!!! and Juli Anna is home tonight..yea...for the first time in almost 2 weeks our family will ALL be home. What a good God!

7 Comments:

Blogger LSCooley said...

That is so good to have you all in one place. I think that will help you get well much faster. Get your strength back so you can chase your girls. Pokey I know you are happy to be home so you can sleep in your own bed. Get rest I will see you at the end of the week.

Love yall,
Lisa

8:26 PM  
Blogger Lynda Gregg said...

Hi Shane,
Wow a lot of changes have occurred since I was last able to check this(no electricity since early Sunday). I am soooo glad you are home as I know all of you are also.
Our God is such an awesome God and so good to his faithful servants.
Continue to get well and know that there are a tremendous amount of people in South Carolina praying for your recovery.
Blessings to all of you.
lynda gregg

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you are finally home and all together....Francis and I have been thinking about you guys and keeping you in our prayers. Please take care and follow ALL the Dr's orders...Pokey's and the other guy's....

10:29 PM  
Blogger Jon David Kittrell said...

Hey, Shane!!!

Didn't sleep well last night; so, am really wiped out tonight. Went and bought your new book today -- Crossgates got a shipment of them. Hope it puts (I mean "helps") me to sleep tonight. HAHAHAHAHAHA -- hope I didn't make your chest hurt too bad.

Prayers, Praises, and Love,
Jon

10:33 PM  
Blogger The UMH Staff said...

There's nothing like having everyone under one roof. I know that made the entire household feel more secure, for sure. We are so thankful for your continued progress. Now kick back and watch your favorite channel and take plenty of naps. That's an order!

:) Your favorite bossy prayer minister

1:22 PM  
Blogger phyllis said...

Shane,
So glad to hear of all the successes and joys of your surgery and recovery. I am inspired & amazed by THE GREAT PHYSICIAN!! How blessed we all are that we call Him Father! I am continuing to pray for a speedy recovery. May God continue to bless & keep you!! Love to all,
Phyllis

3:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So happy to hear you are finally home!!! Home is where the "HEART" is and I know you feel so much better to be in the comforts of your own home! I continue to pray for healing and patience throughout your recovery! As a nurse I do know how some recovery days can seem so much harder and longer than others but you are such a "trooper" and I know you will get through this with ease! Take care of yourself and get lots of rest and relaxation!

Love ya'll,
Meagan Doty

10:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home