Sunday, April 22, 2007

One Final Update

Good Morning Friends... This is Shane.

What a great feeling to wake up on this Third Sunday of Easter knowing that so many people have been and still are praying for me and my family! What a reminder of the power of God and potential of prayer when God's people join together.

I can't begin to tell you how much I appreciate your continued prayer and support. The past few days have been long and, at times, difficult. But, they have also been a blessing in deep and meaningful ways. Pokey, the girls and I have experienced the very best in care from so many, and we are humbled by the outpouring of love and grace.

How am I doing? Well... each day is a new and better day. This goes not only for my body but also for my spirit. Of course, I get impatient. I have never liked "being down" but I am learning that healing takes time and occurs one step at a time. Oh the sermons that will come from this! (Not to mention maybe a book or two... ha,ha).... By the way, if you would buy a book, my accountant would appreciate it... so would Forrest General, Hattiesburg Clinic, Southern Heart Center (ha,ha--- just kidding!)

I do want to take a moment to say "thank you" to a few people who have made this journey possible and bearable....

To the nurses and staff of Forrest General Hospital... I can't say enough about your qaulity of care and compassion. What an amazing place! A special thanks to Bill Oliver for making Pokey and my family's stay so comfortable. You are great!

To the doctors, Dr. Robbins, Dr. Bellare, Dr. Campbell and Dr Enger, for taking such thought and care in this process. It was no easy task, but I would rank you guys with the best in your fields... I guess trusting you with my life proves that! By the way, everyone reading this should get a Cardiac CT done!!!!!

To my pastors, Christ Eaton, Vicki Hughes and Eddie Rester for your support and for the care of my family. Chris' daily "text devotions", Vicki's ongoing presence, and Eddie's communion on Easter calmed my spirit and made a tremendous difference.

To everyone who brought food, sent cards and visited... I am very blessed to have a group of friends who believe so deeply and live so genuinely in their faith. There are too many of you to name... Just know I know who you are...

To the St. Johns, Kents, Leeks, Smiths and Shannon Decker... can I ever say "thank you" enough... probably not, but I will spend my life trying.

To my family...

Dad, thanks for being there everyday...
Mom, Buford and Whitney, Nanny and Patty, thanks for taking care of those who matter so much to me... I am such a blessed man.
To my girls... for giving me the reason to fight and for reminding me why we keep some journeys moving forward even when it hurts and seems too difficult.
To Pokey... for being their every second. You are truly my "soul mate"... I can never say "thank you" or "I love you" enough... But you will never wonder!

And, finally, to my friend of friends, Jesus.... thanks for letting me ramble... for letting me be afraid... for letting me rant.... for letting me cry.... for letting me ask the questions... for letting me lean on you... thanks for, once again, reminding me that faith is not in vain... and that what we seek, we already have and what we already have.... well... is sufficient.

And so... another chapter.... Thank you, everyone. You are all blessings to me! I can't wait to see what God will do next.

I love you all...

Shane

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!! You truly are a "trooper" in God's Army here on earth! I know you are still in recovery but just by reading your "final update" I can tell by your words that you are doing so well! Even though you are doing well, I will continue to pray for your healing and health in the days, weeks, and months to come! You hold such a SPECIAL place in my heart, in which I will cherish forever! Again I'm so happy to hear you are doing well! Continue to take care of yourself!

In Faith,
Meagan Doty

4:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home